CUITECHAT Version 0.01
Welcome to CUITECHAT Version 0.01. Written by Ganda Utama and Gatot
Susilo. A free
simple GNU's GPL c/c++ chat server source code program under Linux.
No chat client program needed (you can use telnet)
- Easy commands and help
- Separate editable message of
the day (motd) file
Support multi room; a user can create several room
Faster native machine code (after compiled) than script
Written under C++, OOP with generic reusable classes
Uses Linux's PThread which is more efficient than fork
Extract the compressed file cuitechat.tar.gz.
(tar -zxvf cuitechat.tar.gz)
- Go to cuitechat directory and compile using 'make'.
- Run the program ./cuitechat
You can test your server using telnet on port 5000: 'telnet localhost 5000'
- If everything works fine you should see the MOTD message and start login.
- use '/?' to see the command.
- use '/`' to kick out a user (for fun).
- I will improve authentication with password.
- I will implement NVT (Network Virtual Terminal) so Windows user can also join the server using telnet.
- I will implement connectivity with HTTP
- I might implement a secure chat room with encryption
- I'm open for suggestion.
Contacting the author
30 Mersey Drive
EMAIL : gandautama AT